Mumbai Mom had done a London Vacation feature last year! Can you believe it 😉 London continues to stay on trend as the destination of choice for everyone from Bollywood to South Mumbai. Check out these tips, which still stay true – to make your London Vacation, just the thing your FaceBook wall wants to display!
UK’s capital city of London seems to be the favourite destination among the Stars this summer. The list of Bollywood celebrities vacationing in London with their kids in the last couple of months is just getting longer. From Saif Ali Khan to Katrina Kaif, our very own Bollywood walaas find solace in the picturesque city of London. What’s more, London has also been a favourite with King Khan – Gauri is often spotted spending quality time in the city with the kids.
This year we spotted Bollywood Mamma- Kajol vacationing with daughter Nysa and Son Yug in the city. Kajol joined Husband Ajay Devgan after a short trip to Bulgaria. Tara Sharma was also seen with her two boys at the London Zoo.
So what is it that attracts holiday goers to this fun destination?
A London vacation offers something for everyone! It is that Simple! The city can very quickly metamorphose in to a Shopping haven for Mamma’s who love Vintage and English Style, as well as into a city that has so much history to share. The famous London Tube which attracts a majority of kids, the London Zoo, The Queen’s Palace, The London Eye – this city offers a whole host of activities making it a complete vacation in itself.
If you have not travelled to the city before and are getting bogged down by the number of days the travel agents might ask you to spend in the country (7-10 days for a UK+ Scotland trip), then don’t worry. With smart planning you can enjoy a Fabulous Holiday spanning 3-4 days, toddlers accompanied!
Nail the London vacation with these handy tips:
1. Travel by the tube and take the tram often. The entire city is divided into zones, with almost all streets connected well. You don’t just save the pounds, but also get to see the Londoners commute. Buy a Tube + Tram map, the first thing upon arrival.
2. Walk ! Walk ! and Walk– Its lovely to see the city (or any city in Europe) by foot. Don’t forget the umbrella. It can rain anytime in London. But as they say ‘You don’t visit the city for its weather’!
3. Get touristy – The London Eye, Madame Tussads, Big Ben and even Harrods- for a glimpse through Princess Diana’s Life and ease out your husband’s wallet a bit .
4. If your palette allows –indulge in oh-s0-london Fish and Chips! Just as the Londoners like it. Some places to have the dish are the restaurants around Mayfair and Marble Arch. You may even bump into a few bollywood celebs while you are it! (And hopefully not Lalit Modi! Wink! Wink!)
5. Take the kids to the London Zoo. And also the Theatre. Check online for tickets and book for the Lion King. It is an experience they will thank you for a long time to come!